Saturday, March 7, 2020

Storytime: Colors 2

Storytime: Colors 2


I'm currently doing a 2s Storytime at one library, and a 3-5 Storytime at another. So in order to maintain some sanity, I'm trying to pick one theme for both each week and adapt it for the different ages. Some of my 2s are REALLY little and some of my 5s are already in school.


Books:


 Dog's Colorful Day by Emma Dodd
Little Owl's Orange Scarf by Tatyana Feeney
Five Green and Speckled Frogs by Priscilla Burris
Yellow is My Color Star by Judy Horacek
Brown Bear, Brown Bear by Bill Martin Jr.
Mouse Paint! by Ellen Stoll Walsh
Freight Train by Donald Crews 
 Songs/Fingerplays:
  
Driving Round in My Car (10 Little Indians), credit: Storytime Katie

If Your Clothes Haves Any Red

If your clothes have any red, Put your finger on your head.
If your clothes have any blue, Put your finger on your shoe,
If your clothes have any green, Wave your hand so that you're seen.
If your clothes have any yellow, Smile like a happy fellow,
If your clothes have any brown, Turn your smile into a frown,
If your clothes have any black, Put your hands behind your back.
If your clothes have any white, Stamp your feet with all your might



2s Activity:
A while back I made these laminated 'dogs' to use with Dog's Colorful Day. I've tried crayons (not great) and markers (depends on the kind) but the funnest and best thing to use on them is playdough. Make your own or used the canned stuff. The kids love getting dog dirty and clean again!



3-5s Craft:
My co-worker made extra Sheep for her storytime and gave me the leftovers! We added lots of green things (crayons, chalk, glitter, stickers). This is a good one to do around St. Patrick's Day too.

No comments:

Post a Comment