Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Fingerplays

Two-Year Old Opening Fingerplay:
Open, shut them, give your hands a clap!
Open, shut them, put them in your lap.
(We do this three times, first with our normal voice, then very quietly, then very loudly)

Three-Year Old Opening Fingerplay:
This is my book, I open it wide,
To see all the pictures that are inside.
These are my ears, so cute on my head,
I use them to listen when the book's being read.

Clap, clap, clap your hands as slowly as you can
Clap, clap, clap your hands as quickly as you can
Roll, roll, roll your hands as slowly as you can
Roll, roll, roll your hands as quickly as you can
Shake, shake, shake your hands as slowly as you can
Shake, shake, shake you hands as quickly as you can.

Fours & Fives Opening Fingerplay: 
Wiggle your fingers, wiggle your toes
Wiggle your shoulders, wiggle your nose.
Open your ears (ack! I found snow, or bugs, etc) Shake them free,
Now all the wiggles are out of me
And I'm as still as I can be!


Our Stretch:
On my head, my hands I place
On my shoulders, on my face
On my hips and on my belly
Now I shake like I am jelly
I throw my arms up to the sky
And then I let my fingers fly
And then I clap them, one, two, three
And then I sit down, quietly

**************************************************************

All Around the Barnyard:
All around the barnyard, the animals are fast asleep. (kids pretend to sleep)
Sleeping cows and horses, sleeping pigs and sheep.
Here comes that cocky rooster, to sound his daily alarm -
COCK-A-DOODLE-DOO!!!!
Wake up, sleepy farm!

Turtle:
There was a little turtle (make hands into a circle)
He lived in a box
He swam in a puddle (swimming action)
He climbed on a rock (climbing action)
He snapped at a mosquito (clap hands to the left)
He snapped at a flea (clap hands to the right)
He snapped at a minnow (clap hands to the left)
And he snapped at me (clap hands at self
He caught the mosquito (making a catching action to the left)
He caught the flea (to the right)
He caught the minnow (to the left again)
But he didn't catch me! (shake finger and shake head to indicate no)

Moon
Zoom, zoom, zoom, I'm going to the moon (rub hands against each other)
If you want to take the trip, climb aboard my rocket ship (make a climbing action)
Zoom, zoom, zoom, I'm going to the moon (rub hands again)
Whoosh!

Round and Round the Village
(Standing, holding hands in a circle)
Round and around the village
Round and around the village
Round and around the village on a nice spring night (or a summer day, or whatever you want)
In and out of the village (stepping in and then out, together in a circle while holding hands)
In and out of the village
In and out of the village, on a nice spring night.

Mr. Alligator
Three little monkeys swinging from a tree
(use three finger and hook then around the index finger of the other hand and swing)
Teasing Mr. Alligator "You can't catch me!"
(put hands on side of head like a teasing gesture)
Along comes Mr. Alligator, moving silently
(Put hands together and move them in a serpentine fashion)
When SNAP!
(Clap hands)
Two little monkeys swinging from a tree....

Mr. Alligator 2
Mr. Alligator, Mr. Alligator (use each arm to make an alligator)
Don't you bite, don't you bite! (shake your pointer fingers)
I can run away from you, I can run away from you, (use fingers to 'run' away)
Out of sight, out of sight! (cover your eyes)

Two Little Blackbirds
Two little blackbirds sitting on a hill (hold up one finger on each hand)
One named Jack, and one named Jill
Fly away Jack, Fly away Jill (put fingers behind back)
Come back Jack, come back Jill (bring fingers back)

Two little blackbirds sitting on a toe
One was high and one was low
(Put one finger up high, one down low, you can also use a high and a low voice)
Fly away high, fly away low
Come back high, come back low.

Another toe, fast and slow (make fast go "zoom!" and move slow lazily)
Cloud, quiet and loud
Gate, early and late (make early come and go too soon, and make a show of late being behind schedule)

Two little blackbirds
Very good friends, even though they're very different
And that's how this ends.

Pea Pod
Five little peas is a pea pod pressed
One grew, two grew, so did all the rest
They grew and they grew and they did not stop
Until one day that pea pod POPPED!

Three Brave Firefighters
Three brave firefighters standing in a row
Ding, dong goes the bell, down the pole they go
Jump on the firetruck, ready to aim the hose
Climb up the ladder, Whoosh! Out the fire goes

The ElephantThe elephant goes like this, like that
He's terribly big and terribly fat
He has no fingers
He has no nose
But goodness gracious, what a nose!

Up and Down
Fly up, up, up in the sky like this
Fly down, down, down for a great big kiss
Crawl up the flower like a ladybug
Crawl, down, down, down, for a great big hug

SnowmanLet's all make a snowman
Make him big and tall
Now see if you can hit him
With a big snowball!

My Cat
I have a teeny tiny cat
Well actually he's really fat
He runs around from here to there
And sometimes jumps into the air
But when he wants to take a nap
He comes and curls up in my lap
Apple
I see an apple, red and round
It fell from a tree onto the ground
We'll pick it up and wash it and cut it in two
Half for me and half for you


Way Up High
Way up high, in a tree (arms over head, wiggle hands)
Two red apples smiled at me
So I shook that tree as hard as I could, shake your body)
Down came the apples, yum! They were good! (fall to the ground, rub your tummy)

No comments:

Post a Comment