Monday, October 5, 2009

Pie! Storytime Week 4

Today's Music:
Making Pie, by Kira Willey
Peggy's Pie Parlor Polka, by Ralph's World
Shoo Fly Pie, traditional, by Andrew and Polly


This Week's Books:
The Apple Pie Tree, by Zoe Hall, ill. by Shari Halpern
Pie in the Sky, by Lois Ehlert
All for Pie and Pie for All, by David Martin, ill. by Valeri Gorbachev
The Apple Pie that Papa Baked, by Lauren Thompson, ill. by Jonathan Bean
A Apple Pie, by Kate Greenway
Blueberry Mouse, by Alice Low
Where is the Apple Pie, by Valeri Gorbachev


Today's Action Rhymes:
I see an apple, big and round
It falls from the tree onto the ground
I pick up and wash it and cut it in two
Half for me, and half for you.


Five little pumpkins sitting on the ground The first one said, "I'm big, orange and round!" The second one said, "I'm fresh off the vine!" The third one said, "I taste divine!" The fourth one said, "I'm ready to be tasted!" The fifth one said, "Bake my seeds so they're not wasted!" Someone from the kitchen picked them up and we know why.... The five little pumpkins all became Pumpkin Pie.

Blueberry, blueberry, blueberry pie
If I don't get some, I think I'm going to cry
You can take away the grass
You can take the sky
But don't take away my blueberry pie!

Today's Craft: Pie Playdough!

No comments:

Post a Comment