Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A Home Visit


Some readers may remember that I was auctioned off in the Fall as part of the Friend's Holiday Auction. This weekend I had the GREAT pleasure of making my storytime visit to a Marlborough family. I really felt honored being in the presence of Ann, Emma, and Ally. We read and sang songs and I even made up a few on-the-spot songs about princesses and castles. It was fun for me and I hope it was fun for them. Some of the books we shared that night included the classic, fantastically illustrated "King Bidgood's in the Bathtub", by Audrey and Don Wood, "Yummy: My Favorite Nursery Stories", brightly illustrated and energetically retold by Lucy Cousins, and "Big Bear Hug", a sweet, tree-hugging tale by Nicolas Oldland. Thank you so much to the R. family for their warm, generous welcome and for their contribution to the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment