Friday, June 28, 2013

Happy Birthday Eric Carle!

Writer/illustrator Eric Carle celebrated his 84th birthday this past Monday, so I've been seeing some fun things popping up on the Internet. Thought I would share, and remind you of a great day trip with the kiddos this summer - The Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art in Amherst, MA. Here's the link to some great exhibitions coming up:

Here's an awesome lunch idea (right!) I ran across on Facebook - I think originally by GoGo SqueeZ 




Check out this link to Reading Rockets website where they have 3 short clips from an interview with Eric Carle. Hear what he has to say on 'visual pollution' and how his ideas develop.

The art teacher at my daughters' school had the first graders make these cute caterpillars 
for the art show this year:

and finally, too cute...

No comments:

Post a Comment