Friday, January 8, 2016

The 672 Pages I Read in a Day

Yes, the title is a little misleading - you'll see why in a minute. Backstory - I injured my hand over the holiday break and therefore am unable (or unwilling) to take down all the Christmas stuff in my house. So what better to do? Read of course. I've been wanting to read The Marvels by Brian Selznick since it's release in September so now was the perfect time.

The Marvels is Selznick's third book in an unofficial trilogy of sorts. Meaning it follows his award-winners, The Invention of Hugo Cabret and Wonderstruck, in overall design and use of illustrations. The stories are completely different and you don't have to read the others to read this one. The Marvels has about 400 pages of illustrated story, which was AWESOME. I found the artwork for this title to be my favorite of the three books, even though I still place the other two stories ahead of this one. That said, it's still an amazing book with too many starred reviews to count, and just a joy to read. 
If your child has read the other two titles, make sure they get their hands on this one as well. Then have them let me know which was their favorite. I'm going with Wonderstruck. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment