Friday, November 20, 2009

Traditions

Hopefully everyone has plans for Thanksgiving. I know I'm looking forward to it! I get together with my sisters and mother the day before Thanksgiving and we bake too many pies and casseroles and make bread. In between, as a break, we play lots of games. It's my favorite day of the year. On Thanksgiving day we have a potato peeling contest and, later, a football game where the winning team gets possession of the ceremonial stuffed gorilla (it sits proudly on my husband's dresser right now...ugh).

Traditions, however foolish they may be, are the glue that bind us together as a family and as a community. I believe that when everything else gets topsy-turvy, traditions can give a sense of stability and comfort, especially for children.

I'm sure you all have many fun and interesting holiday traditions and I would love to hear about them! If you are looking for some new ideas to incorporate into your family, check out the Family Fun website by clicking HERE. There you will find many fun crafts, games, and recipes.

Have a great holiday everyone. Remember that there will be no storytime sessions next week (11/23-11/27) , but Ms. Eileen and I will see you the following week (11/30-12/4) for one last storytime. See you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment