Sunday, November 29, 2009

Storytime Week 5: Favorites!

This week's storytimes are our last regular storytimes until late January or early February. So, for this week, I'll be bringing out some of my storytime favorites.

This Week's Music:
Twenty Great Kids Songs! by Music for Little People, including great songs such as "Choo Choo Boogaloo" by Buckwheat Zydeco, "All I Really Need" by Raffi, and "Swinging on a Star" by Maria Muldaur.

This Week's Books:
King Bidgood's in the Bathtub, by Audrey Wood, ill. by Don Wood
Goodnight Moon, by Margaret Wise Brown
Will You Be My Friend, by Nancy Tafuri
A Hat for Minerva Louise, by Janet Morgan Stoeke
A Boy and His Bunny, by Sean Bryan
The Story of Ferdinand, by Munro Leaf
Today I Will Fly, by Mo Willems
The Pigeon Finds a Hotdog, by Mo Willems

This Week's Action Rhymes:
1. There was a little turtle, he lived in a box
He swam in the puddles, he climbed on the rocks
He snapped at a mosquito, he snapped at a flea
He snapped at a minnow, and he snapped at me
He caught the mosquito, he caught the flea
He caught the minnow, but he didn't catch me!

2. Zoom, zoom, zoom, I'm going to the moon
If you want to take the trip, climb aboard my rocket ship
Zoom, zoom, zoom, I'm going to the moon
Whooosh!

Plus "Two Little Blackbirds", a flannel board game, and marbelizing paper craft. See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment