- The children's play area and the book drop are still closed as we await sheet rock. Because of the regulations regarding the fire-proofing of the book drop, we require a qualified professional and therefore have had to wait a bit. Like you, we are all anxious for our library to be back to normal. Thanks to everyone who has been so patient.
- Just a reminder to enter the blog contest. From now until the end of February, read through January's blog book reviews and leave your child's first name and last initial in the comment section of any blog post. At the end of the month we will randomly draw a name from all who entered to receive one of the books we reviewed (book of your choice or you may choose a year's subscription to Family Fun magazine). No one has entered thus far (why not?!) so chances are good!
- Remember to come out to My Gym on Tuesday, February 15th, from 1:30-2:30. All the profits will benefit our library! This event is sponsored by the MOMS Club. This is a GREAT opportunity for all those kids with cabin fever to run and jump and horse around. By the way, My Gym is about a mile from my house and I am usually around on Tuesday afternoons so I think I may pop in and say hi!
- Another fund-raising event is the RML night at Chili's in Glastonbury. Come by the library for a coupon, eat at Chili's Tuesday, March 1st from 4-7 p.m, and 10% of your bill will go directly to the library. My husband and I will likely be there having fajitas and maybe even a margarita!
- Be sure to mark your calendar for Tuesday, February 22nd when the award-winning, hip, popular, buzz-worthy Bari Koral Family Rock Band comes to Marlborough! They will be performing at the Senior Center at 1 p.m. FREE!!!! We have 2 of their albums at the library soon ready for your listening pleasure.
- I hope everyone is enjoying their pancake playdough from this week's storytime with me and that Ms. Eileen's kids have sent off their loving "hugs". We'll see you all next week.