Saturday, August 6, 2011

Global Citizens

I was away for the week up in Maine, camping and hanging out at the beach. Sure, I should be putting away the tents, washing the towels, and shaking sand out of my books, but instead I wanted to check in on the blog and say hi. Hi. :)

On Monday at 6 p.m. we have a family program focusing on our global community and what we can do, even the youngest of us, to help. Ms. Eileen has identified a worthy project or two for us to help with and we'll share stories of people who have made a difference. Registration is required and the event is best for families with children age 5 and up. Call in on Monday to see if there is still room. I'm looking forward to seeing you there.

In other news, our summer reading program is wrapping up. You'll have this week to finish up your passport and get your final stamps.

No comments:

Post a Comment