Sunday, February 5, 2012

Storytime Week Three: Bathtime!

Ah, my favorite part of the day...bathtime.  It's our theme for this week.

This Week's Books:
King Bidgood's in the Bathtub, by Audrey and Don Wood
Harry the Dirty Dog, by Gene Zion, ill. by Margaret Graham
Animal Baths, by Bob Barner
Big Smelly Bear, by Britta Techentrup
Elephant in the Bathtub, by Kristina Andres
Sam's Bath, by Barbro Lindgren, ill, by Eva Eriksson
A Bath for a Princess, by Harriet Ziefert, ill. by Amanda Haley
Scrubba Dub, by Nancy Van Laan, ill. by Bernadette Pons

This Week's Music:
Singing in the Bathtub, by John Lithgow
Rubber Ducky, by Ernie
Splish, Splash, by Bobby Darrin

This Week's Action Rhymes:
After my bath, I try, try, try
To wipe myself 'til I'm dry, dry, dry.
Hands to wipe, and fingers and toes,
And two wet legs and a shiny nose.
Just think how much less time I'd take
If I were a dog, and could shake, shake, shake!

This Week's Art: Bubble Painting
Plus a flannel board game and rhyme

1 comment: