Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Elephants, Storytime Week One


This week's music:
Baby Elephant Walk by Songs of the Circus
Zouson, Little Elephant by Elizabeth Mitchell
One Elephant, by Sharon, Lois and Bram


This week's books:
The Right Number of Elephants, by Jeff Sheppard, ill. by Felicia Bond
Little Elephant, by Miela Ford, ill. by Tana Hoban

Elmer, the Patchwork Elephant, by David McKee

Splash, by Flora McDonnell
My Cat, the Silliest Cat in the World, by Gilles Bachelet

Seven Blind Mice, by Ed Young

Sam Who Never Forgets, by Eve Rice

This week's fingerplay:
The elephant goes like this, like that

He's terribly big and terribly fat

He has no fingers, he has no toes

But goodness gracious, what a nose!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Patty!
    Just thought I would pop in to say first,what a great job you are doing with this blog, and also to let my storytime 4s & 5s know that I look forward to seeing them this Friday! We will be doing stories and other fun stuff related to "All About You" or Me, or actually, THEM!!!
    Lastly, I wanted to pass on this fun event for families - unfortunately I cannot go, but if I could, I would!
    There is going to be a PIGEON PARTY! on Oct, 25 at the Henry Carter Hull Library in Clinton, CT. BIG WOODEN HORSE Theatre Company is putting on a musical based on author Mo Willems books (LOVE HIM!)
    And wait, there's more! Tickets are FREEEEEE!!!
    For further information contact the Childrens Room at Clinton's Library at 860-669-2342.
    Ms. Eileen

    ReplyDelete