Monday, September 19, 2011

Fall Storytime, Week 1: Friends

Welcome to Storytime! Our first week of storytimes this Fall focus on Friends.

This Week's Music:
I Had a Friend, by Laurie Berkner
You and Me Are Gonna be Friends, by Jack Johnson
Somebody Come and Play, from Sesame Street

This Week's Books:
Hi, Harry! by Martin Waddell, ill. by Barbara Firth
My Friend is Sad, by Mo Willems
I'm the Best! by Lucy Cousins
Owen and Mzee, Best Friends, by Isabella Hatkoff, ill by Peter Greste
A Sick Day for Amos McGee, by Philip Stead, ill. by Erin Stead
Me Hungry, by Jeremy Tankard
Will You Be My Friend? by Nancy Tafuri

This Week's Action Rhymes:
I see an apple, red and round
It falls from the tree onto the ground
I pick it up, I wash it, I cut it in two
Half for me and half for you

This Week's Craft: A paper-doll friend

Plus, Two Little Blackbirds
and a flannel board game

No comments:

Post a Comment