Thursday, January 31, 2013

This May Be My Best Year Yet!

Ok so I have to acknowledge how well I did on the Newbery Award pick! (Not so great on the Caldecott, I know). The two books I highlighted for the Newbery actually won! The One and Only Ivan took the award, but Three Times Lucky came in as an honor book! So excited. I'll give you a full review after we finish it - a few chapters left.
Here's a link to the official announcements if you haven't seen:
http://www.ala.org/news/pr?id=12298

Let's talk about 2 other awards though:

The Laura Ingalls Wilder Award honors an author or illustrator whose books "have made a substantial and lasting contribution to literature for children". The 2013 winner is Katherine Paterson! Here's a favorite of mine from back in the day:


The Theodor Seuss Geisel Award for the most distinguished beginning reader book went to Up, Tall and High!” written and illustrated by Ethan Long.
Bad me! Have to order it! But looks great!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment