Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Storytime Update!

I wanted to share what Ms Patty and I have been doing in storytime for the past 2 weeks! We kicked off Session I with a bit of a mish-mash. We wanted to welcome our storytime friends back, but we also wanted them to help us create this display board as the Library transitioned from Summer Reading to Autumn:


 So we ended up having them create these cute "leaf friends" with faces - yes, we can stretch a theme like nobody's business.

For the second week, we went with the tried and true Apple Storytime. Ms Patty loves Apple Farmer Annie by Monica Wellington (for the adorable girl with her own business!) and I always enjoy All for Pie and Pie for All by David Martin.

 We found a cute craft on Pinterest by the blog, Sturdy for Common Things - thanks! It was a little difficult to do with multiple kids who needed help lacing, etc but we let them do the best they could and either staple or fix what wasn't attached. They loved the smell that filled the air!
Apple Pie Craft

 And of course we had to bust out the apple flannel board and play "Hide the Wormy". A few versions of that piece-o-flannel worm have walked away because the kids just think he's so darn cute!
 Action Rhymes:
Way up high, in a tree
Two red apples smiled at me
So I shook that tree as hard as I could-
Down came the apples - yum, they were good!

I see an apple red and round
It fell from a tree, on to the ground.
Pick it up
Wash it
Cut it in two
Half for me
and half for you!

Ms Patty also has a great "Apple" CD to have on in the background during the craft - I still can't get "I like to eat, eat, eat, a-pples and ba-nay-nays"  out of my head...

No comments:

Post a Comment