Thursday, April 29, 2010

Kindergarten Visits




This week the kindergartners from the elementary school are making their annual group visits to the library. Ms. Eileen and I are reading books about libraries and the joys of reading, as well as showing them all the wonderful things to be found here at the Richmond Memorial Library.

I enjoy these visits each year. As a child the library was one of my favorite places. We would go to the library on Tuesday and Friday afternoons (the only time it was open!) and I couldn't wait. I adored our librarian, Mrs. Connor, and loved how she knew what kinds of books I was interested in. She always seemed happy to see me and my family. I hope I bring a little "Mrs. Connor" to my work at the library. And I hope that these visits will encourage children to come back to the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment