Sunday, February 17, 2013

Hats: Storytime Week 4

It's hats off this week in storytime...or should I say hats on because we'll be making a hat at the craft table.  Plus we may dance around to the Mexican Hat Dance (re-interpreted as "I Love My Little Hat" by The Wiggleworms).  Other music for crafting and listening fun includes Laurie Berkner's "This Hat" and Maria Muldaur's "Old Straw Hat". 

This week's books include two new and noteworthy books by Jon Klassen, "I Want My Hat Back" and "This Is Not My Hat" (the brand new Caldecott Winner!), as well as old classics like "Caps For Sale", by Esphyr Slobodkina.

Finally, we'll share this classic action rhyme:
These are Grandma's glasses, and this is Grandma's hat
And this is the way she folds her hands and puts them in her lap
These are Grandpa's glasses and this is Grandpa's hat
And this is the way he folds his arms and takes a little nap (snore!)

p.s. Ms. Eileen may be filling in for Ms. Patty on Wednesday
 

No comments:

Post a Comment