Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Book a Day: 3

Today's book comes from the Connecticut Library Consortium's list of holiday books for ages 0-3. "Little Owl Lost", by Chris Haughton is everything I look for in a good picture book: it has a story children can relate to (getting accidentally separated from one's mother) simply told with humor and emotion, the illustrations are beautiful and unique, and the main characters are charming. I am mesmerized by how much emotion is conveyed in his illustrations, which are somewhat simple, yet also intricate, wood-cut and paper collage. This book will quickly become one of my storytime favorites. "Little Owl Lost" is Chris Haughton's first book and I can't wait for more. This book is on-order and will be available in the library soon.

1 comment:

  1. I have a 3 year old that loooved Storytime for 2's last session. Now that he's 3, I want him to go to the 3/4's time, but it's during his nap time (and most 3 year olds nap in the afternoon). Could you ever consider holding a 3/4 Storytime sometime earlier? 11 or 12? We will miss coming to Storytime until my little guy drops his naptime!

    ReplyDelete